Sometimes it's nice to stand out from the crowd. Car decals are a great way to do this. You can inject some personality into your ride, and make it easier to spot your car in the carpark! Our reusable decals have a UV coating which makes them durable enough to put on your car. They can withstand the sun, rain, and some gentle cleaning.
You do need to take a little more care of them to ensure they last a long time and keep looking good. Follow the steps below to get the most out of your reusable car decals.
How to apply car decals
- To begin, throughly clean the surface on the car where you are going to apply your car decals. Depending on how much time you have, and how thorough you like to be, you could wash your whole car!
- Once it is clean, use a soft, lint free cloth to dry the area and remove any residual dirt that may have been lingering.
- Carefully apply the car decal to the surface of the car. You can remove and reapply if necessary to make sure your arrangement works. Make sure to stick with the paintwork and don't stick to windows, as you don't want to lose any visibility, or fall foul of any laws.
- Pro tip: Firmly press down all of the edges of the car decals to make sure no dust can sneak in.
Stand back and admire your work!
How to remove decals from your car and reapply to another car
If it's time for a change, or you upgrade your car, you can remove decals from your old car and reapply them to your new car. To avoid transferring any dust or dirt, follow these steps to remove them from your car:
- Carefully clean the car sticker and surrounding paintwork with a soft cloth and soapy water.
- Use a soft, lint free cloth to dry the decal and surrounding paintwork. Let it dry completely.
- Carefully peel off the car sticker.
- Follow the steps above on how to apply your car sticker, then stand back and admire your work!
Why you should smooth the edges
Here are some examples how much difference smoothing the edges makes. This set had been well smoothed down, and no dust had got under the edges. After removing the car stickers, you can just see a faint outline of the dirt with is easily washed away.
If you're a bit less careful, like I was with the second set of car stickers, you can see that in the areas where the edges weren't firmly stuck down, the dirt has settled in there. This will stay stuck on the back of the decals. Although this will wash off the car totally fine, it won't wash off the sticker. These were still fine to re-apply to the new car, but probably won't last as many years.